Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Internet use
- 1. By entering and using this website you agree to all of the terms and conditions as set out below. Caratco (Pty) Ltd is a registered business trading in the diamond, gemstone and jewellery industry.
2) Privacy Statement
- 1. Caratco recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. Please be assured that the Caratco shall refrain from selling or trading any personal or sensitive information about our customers or prospective customers to any company, organisation or person outside of Caratco, except where we are legally obliged to disclose such information.
- 2. Caratco shall be entitled to collect technical data about the type of internet browser and computer operating system that a user may use. This information shall be used only for tracking of the site usage and shall be done in anonymity.
3) Product Specification
- 1. The specifications contained on this website are for information purposes only. Please consult Caratco if you require any specific feature in relation to your specification needs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Intellectual Property Rights
- 1. This website is published by Caratco and is protected by copyright and intellectual property rights in existence in South Africa. All website design, text, graphics, the typographical arrangement thereof, and all other material on this website is the intellectual property of Caratco or service providers who were contracted by Caratco.
- 2. Permission is hereby granted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of this website for the sole purpose of using this as an information resource for Caratco products and services. Any other use of materials on this website, including reproduction for purposes other than the above, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written permission of Caratco is prohibited.
- 3. The trade marks, logos and service marks shown on this website, unless otherwise specified, are the trademarks of Caratco. No rights are granted to use any of them in any manner whatsoever.
- 4. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, or entity to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website, or to deliver or attempt to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website. Caratco shall take such steps as it deems necessary in relation to any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any unauthorised, damaging or malicious code to this website or who attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website.
- 5. Any infringement of Caratco’s rights shall result in appropriate legal action being taken against you.
5) Disclaimer and Liability
- 1. All representations, conditions of any kind or other terms arising from legislation or the common law in relation to this website or the information, content, materials or products included on this Website are hereby expressly excluded.
- 2. Caratco shall not be liable in any circumstances for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage (whether for profit or loss or otherwise) costs, claims, expenses, royalties, usage rights, publication of images or materials posted on websites generally or other claims for compensation/fees whatsoever, whether caused by the acts, omissions or the negligence of Caratco, its employees agents or service providers, which arise out of or in connection with the use of this Website or the information, content materials or products included on or subsequently appearing on this website, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by Caratco’s employees’ or its agents’ proven negligence.
- 3. Caratco does not accept any responsibility or liability for access to or material on, any website that is linked from or to this website.
- 4. By using this website or communicating with Caratco by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be “in writing”.
6) Misuse Statement
- 1. Caratco reserves the right to prevent your usage of this site if you misuse the contents contained within this website in any manner. Caratco shall have the sole discretion to establish what shall constitute misuse or abuse and its decision shall be final and binding.
7) Governing Law
- 1. These terms and conditions shall be subject to South African law and the parties to any dispute or action hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- 2. No information or data on this website is an offer but merely an invitation to do business.
- 3. No agreements shall be concluded merely by sending a data message to this website or its owners.
- 4. To maximise the surfing experience and provide peace of mind to visitors on our website, Caratco strives through constant updating to remain compliant with the Electronic Communications and Transaction Act.
8 ) Changes to terms and Conditions
- 1. Caratco reserves the right to change the website terms and conditions.
- 2. Any change shall become effective upon publication on this website.
- 1. By accessing and using this website, you indemnify Caratco, its employees, agents, and service providers, against any claims by third parties arising from your access and/or use of the website.
- 10) Interruption, Suspension or Termination of the Website
- 1. Caratco reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, to interrupt, suspend or terminate this website as a whole or in part and to change the software and/or hardware required to gain access to this website.